Ian spent this morning walking us through Ephesians 1:13-14 and it’s main idea: The gospel saves us, the Spirit seals us, and the Father is glorified by us. Here supported that main idea with three important truths to remember.
- Salvation is the first step… not the last
- The God who seals us is often ignored by us
- Our guarantee inheritance is through God’s guaranteed glory
Take time this week in Community Group to flesh out some of these ideas.
Download our Field Guide & get ready to meet with your group.
Ephesians 1:13-14 (ESV)
13) In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14) who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
Today Ian walked us through this main idea: In Jesus’ blood we have been forgiven so that we can live into God’s plan. He talked about 4 important points from Ephesians 1:7-10.
- We have been redeemed because He knew the cost
- We are rich because He is generous
- We are known because He is known
- We are one with Him because He is One
Now this week in Community Groups lets dig into that a little more.
Download the FIELD GUIDE and work through some questions that will get you thinking at a deeper level about this passage.
This Sunday Stephen walked us through the truth about our inheritance in Jesus. He spoke at length from 1 Peter 1:3-5, where Peter says how our inheritance is imperishable, undefiled, unfading and kept. This week in Community Groups talk about what it means to inherit all things.
Download our field guide HERE
This week we look ahead to Sunday and prepare our hearts for what God wants to do! This week we’re looking at Ephesians 1:7-10 with our main idea being: In Jesus’ blood we have been forgiven in order that we can live into God’s plan.
After Sunday’s message, Ian encourages us to download a copy of this week’s Bible Study and to work through it before you come to Community Group. This week we are focussing on a the reality of being adopted into God’s family and what that means when we let that sink in.
Now that Community Groups are over for the week lets turn our focus towards Sunday. Before now then take sometime to consider what are some areas that we could be LIVING CHURCH more effectively right now. Use the link below to submit some of your thoughts and ideas. We want to talk about the things your guys are talking about.
Please let Lois Farley know if you intend on attending this conference by Wednesday, October 26, she needs to let the camp know.
Associate Pastor Search
We will be giving another Associate Pastor search announcement on Sunday. We are excited about how this process is going.
You can download the registration form of our website. Please visit wilsonfbc.com/kids/.
Thank you for coming out to the Annual Meeting. We success voted the budget in for 2017.
Another invitation to you and your family to our baptism service this Sunday at Tuscarora State Park, 10am.
- Don’t think they are not listening. They are!
- 5 Reasons to keep going to church with Baby Brain
- Easter Sunday 2019
- Do you know the Jesus of the Bible?
- Stained Glass and Painting
- How a Prosperity Preacher abuses a text
- When they come knocking.
- Saint Patrick wasn’t Irish
- Get ready for MyCircle
- The Celebrity Pastor from a small church perspective